How To Transfer Whatsapp Chat History From iPhone To Android
Good news for those who want to transfer WhatsApp chat from an iPhone to Android smartphones and one major hindrance that everyone saw in past, is that they can not transfer iPhone Whatsapp chat history to an android handset but this has been cleared now and WhatApp has come up with this feature in their application itself. Now we can transfer your WhatsApp chat history from an iOS device to an Android device.
We jotted down step by step process for you and this is specific to Samsung devices as of now.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Data from iPhone to Samsung Phone
If you’re saying bye-bye to an iPhone and jumping to a Samsung Android smartphone, you can transfer your WhatsApp details, profile photos, chats, group chats, media, and settings. You cannot move your call history or your name (display name) available to your contacts on WhatsApp.
To transfer WhatsApp data:
- The Samsung SmartSwitch app 188.8.131.52 or higher must be setup on your new device
- Your old handset must have WhatsApp with iOS 184.108.40.206 or higher
- Your new handset must have WhatsApp running Android 220.127.116.11 or higher
- You must have a USB-C to Lightning cable (or a similar adapter)
- Phone number must be same as you were using in your old device.
- Your Android device must be reset to factory settings.
How to transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Samsung device
- First, switch on your Samsung device and when asked, connect to iPhone via cable.
- Follow onscreen instructions, available thru the Samsung Smart Switch app.
- When popped up, scan the QR code shown on the new device with the iPhone’s camera .
- click on get started on your iPhone and hold on for the process to finish.
- Continue with the set up of a new Samsung device.
- Once you see the home screen, open WhatsApp and use the same number to login.
- When requestd, tap Import and let the process to finish.
- When your new device is activated, you can see your WhatsApp chats.
Note: The data in your old phone is still available until you scrap it or WhatsApp.
What will happen to my data?
To transfer data via cable means:
- WhatsApp does not save data in cloud storage. (If you wish, you can send this information to your cloud storage location via Chat Backup).
- WhatsApp never have access to the data that you are transfering.
Which messages can be transferred to a new phone?
You can transfer these messages:
- private message
You can’t transfer the following messages:
- Peer-to-peer payment messaging
Can call history be transferred?
No, Your WhatsApp call history cannot be moved from iPhone to a Samsung device.